Midweek Motivator

Brrrr, what a chilly week we're having here! It's a time for hot chocolate, thick blankets and good music as I plough through my first round of editing with my NaNo book.  Currently I have a lot of notes like "THIS IS AWFUL! WHY ISN'T ANYONE DOING ANYTHING!?!?"

No, really! Look:

Well, why sugarcoat it?

However, even as I batter myself with the truth that NaNo 2012 didn't prove I'm some kind of one draft wonder, I can still listen to inspiring music and remind myself that editing isn't so bad (even when it makes me feel like the worst writer on the planet).


Have a great rest of the week!

Comments

  1. Haha, I love your notes! On the brightside, the minute you think your story is the most amazing thing ever written and you wonder why agents haven't abducted you yet. . . that's when things go wrong. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Editing definitely works as a great reality check ;)

      Delete
  2. Haha, I've written notes like that for myself too! And hot chocolate sounds amazing right now. I might have to go make myself some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might have to have one today too ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh I love your notes, I have many similar ones myself, at least it is the right kind of weather for snuggling up with the WIP and a hot chocolate. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I have similar notes on my drafts (like "Holy Hell", or "WTF is this??? Change immediately"). The important part is that you're still moving forward, seeing your problems and correcting them. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel if I'm extremely mean to myself, I'll be even more determined to fix it ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts