Writer's Block Chronicles - Acceptance

When I told myself I needed to stop forcing myself to write something I wasn't enjoying, I relaxed.  All of a sudden I wasn't failing to do something, I was simply stepping back from it temporarily and letting my creative side take a wander.  Accepting I needed a break meant I was free to do something else - and I could stop feeling guilty. 

Here is the absolute best part of giving myself time off:

There are new ideas in my head.
NaNoWriMo feels like something I can do.
I've been writing for so long I'll definitely be going back to it.

Instead of rushing, I'm taking my time and letting the idea expand a little.  I'll start typing it up on November 1st :)

Today's block busting music is something a little one I take care of enjoyed dancing to ;)

Comments

  1. I totally forgot NaNoWriMo is coming up! It's true, the moment you stop enjoying something, that's the moment you step away and come back later. :) Good luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should try and top last year's record ^_^

      Delete
  2. Good luck with NaNo! =D It's a great experience and achievement no matter what your word count ends up being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I pulled out an entire manuscript last year and I hope I can do it again ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts