Haunting Melody

Today we had one of those beauitful autumn days when the sun shines, the leaves fall and crunch underfoot and the air is cool and fresh,

Tomorrow the part of England I live in will be hit by a massive storm.

To prepare for the bad (and totally inspiring) weather, I thought I'd share a haunting and ominous piece of music.  


Gosh, I love Enya.  This is from her album "The Celts" and it takes me right back to my childhood.  My dad's a huge Enya fan so her music is just one huge flashback for me.  Usually to our old family cars and long drives around the country.

Even her (mostly) cheerful music has an edge to it.


Happy Thursday, everyone! Here's hoping I don't get too wet tomorrow at work. 

Wait. Ohmigosh, scratch getting wet.  It's gonna be windy and I'm a nanny too! What if I go full on Mary Poppins and open an umbrella and fly away?!


Comments

  1. I remember Enya from when my older brother used to listen to her, and later I did too. She has a sort of ragged sorrow to her songs I think, but it's great for mood music to write by.

    Here's hoping you don't get too wet and don't fly away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely brilliant broody music for those tense character moments ^_^

      I survived the weather - hooray!

      Delete
  2. I do love Enya. Hope you're having some nice brooding inspiration! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's very broody in my imagination right now ;)

      Delete
  3. I love Enya so much. Great music to put on for inspiration or relaxation. I've been listening to her for about twenty years now. O_o And now I'm going to go curl up in a ball and pretend that I'm not mortified at how old I feel right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I have too. Never mind! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts