Midweek Motivator

I've reached a tipping point with my new WiP: to kill off a character or not to kill off a character.  I reaaaaaaaally like her, and so does the MC... Oooh, it's going to be a tough call!

I have to do a little research for this book, although it's nothing I haven't studied in the past.  Is it possible my degree is finally going to come in useful? :O

Anyway, it's Wednesday! Yaaaaaaay!

For today's midweek motivator, I'd reaaaaaaaally love to share an entire episode of The X-Files, but that's not possible.  If you get the chance though, you need to watch Season 2's "Sleepless".  It's such a great conspiracy episode!

So, because I can only suggest you watch one of the best TV shows of all time, I'll have to share some great music instead ;)

This goes out to all those MCs out there being put through hell by their writers ;)

Comments

  1. If my characters were real I'd probably have to buy them presents with the amount of crap I put them through. ;)

    Yay for Bowie! =D <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If mine were real, I'd need to be placed in a Witness Protection Program :P

      Delete
  2. If my characters were real, I'd be doing 25 to life.

    Or, more likely, they'd revolt and just kill me on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my MCs would definitely target me. The others would probably act as her backup unit.

      Delete
  3. KILL THEM.

    Just kidding...but really, maybe you should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I hate that feeling and love it at the same time. In my WIP, I killed someone off that I LOVED. When I realized the character needed to die, I spent days trying to find a way around it. No such luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done this too, and when I suddenly realised the character was the problem, culling her was not a problem!

      Delete
  5. I'm with Susan. :) At least make the reader think you've killed off the character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And have a dramatic "No, here I am ALIVE!" scene? Tempting... ;)

      Delete
  6. Story first. If the character's death is what the story demands, that's just too bad for the character. And if it's a character you've grown to like, then hopefully your readers will feel the same way, and will be just as shocked at this turn of events--and compelled to read on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the temptation for suuuuuuuure ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts