Writing A Trilogy Synopsis

The other day I sat down and wrote a synopsis for the second and third books in my trilogy.  I figured it'll be helpful should an agent decide they do want my first book but want to know where I intend to take the story.  I had selfish reasons to do it too - I needed to remind myself of book 2's plot.  Since WriteOnCon, my muse is stubbornly sticking to this section of the Coleverse.

As a plotting exercise, I found it really helpful because I can see how big a mess the first draft of book 2 is.  And now I can sort it out! Hooray!

VICTORY DANCE!

So while this is not a synopsis I'll be sharing with anyone ever (book 3's section currently covers a grand total of three sentences... hahahaaha ^^; PANTSER FOR LIFE!), but now I have an easily accessible overview of the plot, the problems and areas I can develop. 

Comments

  1. Congratulations, that's awesome! I should probably do the same, my series just has a barebones outline for book two and zilch for the third book.

    But I know it'll all change when I get pen to paper anyway. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think even the littlest thing helps you connect more with the story ^_^

      Delete
  2. Psych!! Congrats on the pantser synopsis. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Psych's awesome, isn't it? :D

      Thank you! I feel very accomplished!

      Delete
  3. Love the Psych dance!

    I'm in awe of you writing a synopsis for a trilogy - synopsis writing is my least favourite thing, even worse than query letters. I hate doing it for a single book, let alone three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! ^_^

      It's not a particularly detailed synopsis! It's just enough to show me how much work I still have to do... ^^;

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts