Sunday Inspiration - Goodbye, London 2012

I have loved the past two weeks.  The BBC have done an amazing job covering the Olympics and I'm really going to miss their super excited broadcasts. 

 
The motto for London 2012 is "Inspire a Generation".  I think every Olympics does that.  When I was very little, I watched Shannon Miller in Barcelona and decided to be a gymnast.  I never came anywhere close to an elite level, but the first time I pulled off a backflip by myself I was just as proud! 

The closest I'll ever come to the feeling of winning gold is when I see my book on a shelf in a shop ;) I hope no-one will mind while I do a lap of victory in the bookshop with a Union Jack as my cape.

So, thank you, London 2012.  It's been amazing! And thank goodness we have the Paralympics to look forward to!

Comments

  1. What an amazing year for Great Britain. I think we're definitely showing the world that we can succeed. It's not just the athletes, it's the trainers, friends, parents, and idols who have kept them going and supported them. We just need to keep doing that now to the people who participated this year and the ones who have watched and thought 'I want that to be me'. Keep at it and we'll always shine.

    End of cheesy, motivational monologue ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the volunteers, police, military personal... EVERYTHING! What an experience it's been!

      GO TEAM GB! :D

      Delete
  2. The UK did a great job with this Olympics. Sad to say, our coverage in the US was pathetic. I know there are many here who only care about US events, but I know I'm not alone in wanting to see events in which the US didn't feature, or games that wouldn't have affected the US. We hunted in vain the other day for coverage of the rhythmic gymnastics in which the Korean girl appeared to be doing well. NBC may have broadcast it later as part of their "edited highlights," but considering they have at least 5 or 6 stations, including those on network, cable, and digital, you'd have thought they'd have been able to cover a lot more ground, and show a lot more live events. But noooo. And the commentators... oh, don't get me started!

    So, yay the US. Boo NBC! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay London 2012 :D

      I'd heard NBC was awful. I'm so sorry :( The BBC coverage was simply wonderful. If there was a sport on, you could watch it. It was amazing and, in my opinion, relatively unbiased! The commentators were so good about cheering on other nations.

      Oooh, the Son Yeon Jae was SO beautiful in the rhythmic gymnastics. I was nearly in tears. She deserved gold ^_^

      Delete
  3. I'm right there with Colin -- you guys did an amazing job with the Olympics. And if anyone minds that you run around the bookstore with a Union Jack cape on, I will punch them in the face myself. All writers should be allowed to run around with their cape of choice on the day their book is published. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear it was well received beyond the UK. We're all lost over here now without it.

      I think we should make flag capes a publishing rule XD

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts