Community

I may sit alone when I write, tuned into my imagination and a lot of music, but WriteOnCon proved I'm part of a huge community of unpublished writers.

If you haven't had a chance to stop by the forums, do so.  Even if you don't comment, you should marvel at the talent on offer.  From contemporary to science-fiction, there's something over there for all tastes.  And you better believe it's some of the best writing you can read FOR FREE :D

I may not have come away with any requests, but I definitely have a sense of camaraderie.  People are so willing to help, and it made taking part so much fun ^_^

To all of my new writer friends, hello! I am Cole who goes by Miss Cole so people don't think I'm a bloke (which happens.  A lot).  I'm English and I drink a lot of tea.  I love to write science-fiction with a touch of fantasy and a lot of action.  Think of it as Die Hard in space... Which I suppose makes it Star Wars.  Or Star Trek.  I love both!

I post lots of music because I love it and always want to share it.  I tweet and I occassionally pop up on Tumblr.  I also love gifs, because they are funny and therefore awesome.


;)

So, tell me all about yourself and your WOC highlights! :D

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed WOC, Cole. I tried asking about publishing in the UK, and why there don't seem to be as many conferences for writers there, in one of the Q&A sessions, but they either deemed the question inappropriate for that session, or they ran out of time. Either way, I would love to know. I've not been to an in-person conference yet, despite the fact that where I live in the US, there are some within 100 miles of me. They tend to be really expensive for someone trying to budget for an 8-person family. But given the money, I'd probably go to as many as I could--especially if WOC is any indicator of how good an in-person conference could be.

    Besides, I can think of few things better than sitting down and talking books and writing over a cup of tea (and Hobnobs). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colin ^_^

      Mmmm, a cup of tea and some ginger Hobnobs sounds perfect :D

      Delete
  2. Haha I didn't know that was why you go by "Miss" Cole! Fun fact. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ People either think I'm a man or they think Cole is my surname.

      Delete
  3. I will definitely be popping by the forums. Can't believe I missed it all, but it has just been crazy, and I'm so behind. Love me some RD, Jr., so any post ending with him is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's certainly lots to check out! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Oh man, WOC was just... such a huge, huge, confidence boost. I didn't get any ninja agent visits (clearly our work just stunned them into silence, right? :) ) but it gave me the boost I needed to go out and send another wave of e-mail submissions to UK agents.

    It just felt awesome to be around such brilliant, talented writers and where everyone had such a professional level of respect for one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, stunned indeed ;)

      We should compare UK agent notes and see if we've missed any the other has!

      It was awesome to have so many amazing writers to chat with, your excellent self included.

      Delete
  5. I was away for WriteOnCon, so I had to catch up on posts, and I missed all the awesomeness! But I guess it's not too late to stop by the forums. :) Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The forums are staying open so be sure to stop by! ^_^

      Delete
  6. I missed out on it for this year, but it sounds amazing! I'm gearing up for next year for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally spaced out on WriteOnCon this year. Poop!! Maybe next year. Sounds like it was great!
    And THAT's why you go by Miss Cole. I thought maybe it's what your students call you. And when I first started reading your blog, I thought perhaps it was your last name. Cole, that is.
    So HAI! Except we're already friends. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts