WARNING! Creativity Levels At Critical...

Don't you love it when you're so full of ideas you could explode? WiPs fight for attention, random scenes demand to be written and it feels like there's not enough time in the day for all the words pouring out of you.

If only I could always feel that way.

Sometimes I pick up a pen, desperate to write, but my imagination isn't so eager.


I may respond in a variety of ways: force myself to write something, beg my imagination to cooperate, stomp around miserably because I can't write, or take myself off to find some inspiration.

 
(When in doubt, listen to Flo ;))

If you are feeling a bit creatively stumped right now, don't be afraid to take time out to find some inspiration. Ideas will return. Something will click into place, your imagination will swell and your mind will fill with new stories.  You never know what will spark a Shiny New Idea, but it's out there. Or, rather, in you.

Comments

  1. I've definitely had that flood of inspiration lately. But right now, eh. I blame it on the lack of coffee, but really, I think I need some music and daydreaming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music and daydreaming sounds wonderful! I may do the same ^_^

      Delete
  2. This is such a comforting, inspirational post. :) All I've really concluded about that is 1) chocolate really does help, and 2) worrying about your lack of inspiration is a sure way to make it worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Tea is essential for me. I stopped for a cuppa last week and solved a problem with my WiP.

      Delete
  3. I love being overwhelmed with inspiration!! When I'm in a slump, it usually strikes me right as I'm about to fall asleep. And that's my fave Flo song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, creativity has no regard for sleep ;)

      It's a beautiful song ^_^

      Delete
  4. I'm kind of struggling with this as well. Not that I don't have ideas, my WIP is all planned out, but I just don't seem to have the motivation to buckle up get going! My aim will be to get some motivation. Good luck in finding inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you!

      Thanks! Lots of music and the Olympics are proving very inspiring for me ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts