WiPs as Art?

School taught me a love for creating posters.  If the teacher laid out the poster paints, I could hardly contain myself.  And I kinda never grew out of it.  Throughout my childhood and early teens I designed posters for the stories I wrote.  I found the desire to do so grew as I became more exicted about whatever I was writing.

So I decided to turn the basic premise of a WiP into a word poster.   Here's a couple of snapshots:



The post-it notes are reminders ;)

And remember: Art doesn't just mean drawing your characters.  You could go out and take photos of locations or create collages of images related to your book.  And websites like Pinterest and Tumblr mean you even do all of that online now!

So, do you think your WiPs can become art too?

Comments

  1. Absolutely! I just ordered a really cool photo of Mars from Etsy the other day to put up on my wall with other bits of WiP inspiration. I've been meaning to create a whole wall board with this kind of thing, but have been procrastinating. I love when people assemble Pinterest boards that are full of picture inspiration for their WiPs. What a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest is a great tool, but I still like having things I can touch for real ^_^ Be sure to share the photo!

      Delete
  2. I spent the morning making a cork board outline with color coded index cards and push pins. Sort of the Save The Cat method mixed with my insanity. It was so much fun!

    Now, i need pictures....and glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitter, hurrah! My car still has glitter stuck in it from the nursery I used to work in ^^; It just won't come out!

      I wish I was enough of a plotter to need colour coded index cards <3

      Delete
  3. Well, I think mine is art, but I'm not sure it's good art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my whiteboard. It's great for plotting, and seeing it written down really helps develop concepts.

    Unfortunately I'm not artistic, so posters are out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whiteboards are awesome. I love one of mine so much I can't clean it off, even though the book is done ^^;;

      Delete
  5. I cover the doorway of my spare room in butcher's paper, get out the coloured markers, and go mad. I don't know if I'd call it art, but it's very cathartic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...

      That sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts