Unexpected Changes and a Midweek Motivator

The last midweek motivator of June already?! Yikes, where did this month go? The weather in England this month belonged to October, not early summer! Let's hope summer remembers us in time for the Olympics.  However, it's far more likely that it'll be a heatwave the week before, rain all the way through the Olympics, and then heatwave when it's all over ;)

Sometimes things don't go to plan, do they? I started out the month working on an idea I first had in 2007.  As the month went on, the story really came together.  I mean, I could've plotted it!!! :O

...And then the idea I talked about on Monday hit me and now it's all I can think about it.  And you know what? This new idea suits me better right now.  I'll go back to the other story eventually I'm sure, but right now it's this new idea I have to write.

Has that happened to you? You start out working on one book, then another completely takes over? I think I'll talk about this more on Friday!

For now, let's get motivated!

Today you need to witness the greatest pop music/Star Wars mash up of all time:


Honestly, I cannot believe how perfectly those two things fit together, but it makes me smile every time!

Comments

  1. The minute I start writing a draft a new SNI pops up into my head. I've been so desperate to write this project I've had in my head for months now but there's JuNo and August NaNo to get out of the way first. I just so want to focus on this horror WiP though. Especially every time I hear the song that inspired it all. But I'm trying to be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was desperate to write the first idea too, but the new idea just took over and refuses to be ignored ^^;

      Good luck to you getting your SNIs to behave!

      Delete
  2. Bahaha! I totally laughed my butt off at that video. Too perfect! :)

    I completely understand the urge to switch to another project. I'm revising right now and have had two different story ideas recently. I thought I was going to work on the one (once I'm done revising, of course), but now I'm feeling pulled toward the other. That's all right, though. You have to work on what you're in the mood for now or else it'll come out all wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant how well it goes together, right?

      That's pretty much what happened to me! The muse rules!

      Delete
  3. Ha! That video! _wow_


    And I've been doggedly revising for a while, and by now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel--so for a bit I won't be moved from this WiP. :) But after that...yikes, we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ^_^ It's brilliant!

      Good luck reaching the end of your revisions!!! :D

      Delete
  4. I've had writing detours happen before. One night I randomly had the opening scene for a YA dystopian come screaming into my brain, demanding to get out onto paper before I did anything else. I usually listen when inspiration like that strikes. You never know when the meandering will lead you to something really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove it when random scenes demand to be written. You can't help but wonder where it'll take you.

      Delete
  5. Great video!!!

    I'm similar to you with changing projects. I'm pretty sure I suffer with ADD, always flicking from one thing to the ... coffee, ooh, there's a good idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee, I do that all the time. Sometimes I wish I could just settle down and get one thing done :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts