Sunday Inspiration - Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

The Queen is today's Sunday Inspiration.

The little Princess who would be Queen (Source)

How could a woman who has served her country tirelessly for sixty years not be an inspiration? As a young woman, when I look at Queen Elizabeth II, I see a strong and capable person who has spent her life dedicated to her duty, even in the most trying of times.  I may not be royal, and I'll certainly never do the things she has done, but I will always look to the Queen as an inspiration to stand up for the things I believe in.

Besides, how many of us will be as busy as she is in our eighties? ;)

During the Golden Jubilee in 2002, I met my wonderful friend Laura.  After becoming penpals in 2001, we met in London in 2002.  So I celebrated the Queen's (then) fifty year reign by meeting one of the most awesome friends anyone could have ^_^

June 2002... huh, it rained then too!

So, you could be inspired by the Queen's remarkable life or by the Jubilees themselves.

As the Jubilee continues into next week, I'm having a blogging break.  I will return June 11th with something special!  Oooh what will it be?

Have a great week everyone.  And to everyone celebrating, have a wonderful time!

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

Comments

  1. Proud to be British :) our queen is such a tank. I mean that in the best possible way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean ^_^

      Delete
    2. I'm American, so...I don't know exactly what you mean. But I think all of this is really cool!

      Delete
    3. It translates as strong ^_^ She goes on and on and on!

      Delete
  2. I saw the Queen and Prince Philip last month when they visited Exeter and it absolutely made my day. I think she's very inspirational too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaaawesome! I'm hoping to catch a glimpse in London tomorrow ^_^

      Delete
  3. She is just an amazing and inspiring lady, and I'm glad she's our queen too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Brits get to have all the fun. Royal Weddings, Diamond Jubilees, and the Olympics!

    I may not be British, but I have nothing but respect for the Queen. She is truly a remarkable woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We won't know what to do with ourselves after the Olympics :P

      Delete
  5. It's so funny that we happened to come for the Golden Jubilee... my parent's had no idea! Timing win!

    I say it's a good sign that we met for the first time during a celebration for such an epic woman! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should point out that The Queen is Her Majesty. She traded in her title of Her Royal Highness 60 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts