Sunday Inspiration - Beautiful Music Edition

On Friday I posted about how great anime is for visual imaginations.  The lovely Emma mentioned an anime called Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which I then watched (occassionally through tears).  If you ever want to see how to turn a genre on its head, watch a regular magical girl anime and then Puella Magi Madoka Magica. 

As I watched I kept thinking how familiar the series' soundtrack sounded.  I realised it was composed by a favourite of mine - Yuki Kajiura.  She knows how to create really haunting music.  I've featured a few songs of hers before, but I'll share some my favourites:


I love this piece.  It's great for those life changing moments!


Essential fantasy writing music.  It's nowhere near as pink and cheery as that album cover.  The whole show is dark dark daaaaaaaaaark.


Chilling and a little creepy.

But if you want something less heavy, how about you BREAK THE SWORD OF JUSTICE?! ;)


Let me know if any of the music helps, or if you have any favourites by Yuki Kajiura!

Happy Sunday!

Comments

  1. Whoa, Yuki has a nice vocal range. I love the Tsuba song, something about the beeps and bleeps in the background reminds me a lot of .hack//SIGN. Haha, just went to Google and .hack// is her as well so that makes sense. :D

    'Break the Sword of Justice' is great action music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, her music is really distinctive once you hear a few examples. It really made Tsubasa memorable. It's a shame they haven't remade that anime because I'd love to see what music she'd create for some of the later plot twists in the manga.

      Delete
  2. I'm afraid her music sort of gives me the creeps (in my own defense: I'm easily scared), but I do get why this gets you in a particular writing mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her music is definitely sinister.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts