Final Boss! - Miss Cole's Best Battle Music.

I mentioned on Twitter yesterday that years of gaming has led me to refer to the climax of my novel as the final boss battle.  It's the final fight between the protagonist and the antagonist, the moment your whole book has built up to!

If your final showdown involves some kind of fight, don't let your readers or your characters down by having everything fizzle out.  Keep the tension high! Even if your book is headed for a cliffhanger, don't let the end sink.  Make it pop! Make your reader gasp! Or cry.  Crying is also acceptable ;)

So, whether it's a sword fight, a gun battle, a shoot out in the middle of space or a kung-fu showdown, have fun writing it, and I hope this music can help!


Such a menacing piece of music from one of my favourite OSTs of all time.


Another fantastic OST.  SKYFALL, I AM READY!!!!


Well, I could hardly refer to boss battles and not post Sephiroth!

So how do all of you get in the mood for those final battles?

Comments

  1. Two Steps from Hell. :)

    To Glory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ1GbBlS9wM

    United We Stand Divided We Fall
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O6Q1OiF6LI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the links. I loooooove TSFH! A huge chunk of my iPod is dedicated to their epic music.

      This is my favourite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBfic1Xj07k

      Delete
  2. Oh, I definitely use music to help me through those big climatic battle scenes. There's one song from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer soundtrack "Radio Sunnydale" that's called "The Final Fight" that is just absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buffy! <3 I have The Sacrifice for heartbreak scenes.

      Delete
  3. I don't yet have a battle scene, but a lot of the battle music from the Gladiator soundtrack would probably do it for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, maybe this makes me sound dumb, but what does OST stand for?

    I love it when you post clips to music that motivates you. I find so many things I would have never heard otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OST = Original Soundtrack :)

      You're welcome! I have a rather eclectic taste in music and you never know what might inspire you ^_^

      Delete
  5. Love the Tron soundtrack - these are great!

    Whenever I need to get motivated for an action scene (or to go for a run), these two never fail to inspire (both from Hans Zimmer):

    Mombasa from the Inception Soundtrack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0r0aDfW2UM

    Code of Conduct from the Call of Duty / Modern Warfare 2 Soundtrack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxkPP2TuJRc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the links! I looooooooove Hans Zimmer. I'm kind of more excited about The Dark Knight Rises soundtrack than the film itself ^^;

      Delete
  6. I love soundtracks as mood music! I haven't really written many battle scenes though - when I do I'll definitely put these on my playlist! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts