Wish Fulfilment

Could your characters fill the wishes of your readers? Whether it's going on a big adventure or finding the courage to speak in front of a crowd, fictional characters allow us to live other lives and do things we might not get the chance to do in our real lives.

Think of your favourite characters.  To what extent do they do things you wish you could do?


I wanna rock the wand twirling and that hat.

So, do you think your characters can fulfil the wishes of your readers? Do they even need to? Is wish fulfilment something you can't specifically write and rather something projected by the reader? I'd be interested to hear your thoughs!

Comments

  1. This is one of the reasons I write (fantasy); so that I can live the life I wish I had through my characters.

    I think that your characters need to speak to those wishes in your readers too, but if you know your genre audience, I think they're pretty universal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great point about knowing your genre audience!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure if my WiP fulfils the wishes of my potential readers. I sure hope so! But more than anything, I hope my characters are relateable and that they somehow speak to my readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I hope my characters resonate with readers.

      Delete
  3. I think this is so important! My favorite characters definitely fill some of my "wishes," and I hope my own characters will one day do the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine travel through time and walk on alien planets. Just what I'd like to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those would be a lot of fun!

      Delete
  5. Yes, yes, yes a thousand times yes! I want to twirl that wand, too.

    I think if you have a character that grows and somehow overcomes the odds, somewhere in there a reader's wish is fulfilled. You probably can't write to every reader, but you can still have characters who are awesome at wand twirling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like fun, right ;)

      Character growth can be very inspiring for readers.

      Delete
    2. Maybe I could just own a wand that looks like that. Then even if I suck at twirling it, it would be enough that I possess it.

      Delete
    3. It's seriously cool, right? :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts