Midweek Motivator - Atmosphere

Brrrr it sure is stormy and cold in England ^^; Excuse me while I make a cup of tea and huddle under a blanket.

But all this grey weather is making me think of Metal Gear Solid...

...No, don't ask.  I cannot explain my leaps in thinking.


My absolute favourite thing about the first MGS game is the atmosphere the game evokes.  The combination of music and the graphics feel so ominous. 

As writers, unless we strike it lucky and have our manuscripts adapted for screen, we don't have the benefit of the right visuals or soundtrack.  We've got to create it all with words...

...But that doesn't mean we can't use music and epic PlayStation games to inspire our writing.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to bust out my PlayStation...

Comments

  1. hahaha! I know lots of writers who get their inspiration from video games! Heck yeah!

    I tagged ya if you're up for the challenge.
    tanyareimer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts