Flashback

Today, go back in time for inspiration!

You know when you listen to music and it takes you right back to a moment from your past? My iPod's shuffle mode is apparently dedicated to making my life flash before my eyes.  And you know what? Those memories and feelings are pretty helpful when I'm writing! I can remember specific events or emotions and use them in the story.

So, allow me to share a few moments from my life ^_^


Rainy Saturdays in the car.


My last school play... the day of which coincided with the death of my pet hamster ^^;


School trip to France.  Our poor coach driver ^^;


UNC.  My roommates and I used to declare we were bringing sexy back... YEAH!

So, what songs take you back to days gone by? Does the nostalgia help you in your writing?

Don't forget to enter The Great British Giveaway! Go, go, go!

Comments

  1. All SORTS of music takes me back to various times in my life! The Fugees takes me straight back to my first year at college. Early Dave Matthews takes me back to the first house I rented with my roommates. Music is magical like that...

    Unfortunately, I can't use the nostalgia factor when writing. It leads to WAY too much unauthorized day dreaming time. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, yeah, nostalgia is a tricky thing. It's easy to lose yourself in good memories.

      Delete
  2. Road trip! ;) http://youtu.be/jR-A4QFHZBA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo hoooooo!!!!

      It's still such a random choice :P

      Delete
  3. I could reel off a long list of songs that hold specific (and vivid) memories for me. I remember "In the Air Tonight" when it was in the charts. Specifically, I remember listening to the Top Forty countdown on Radio 1 (it was on Sunday afternoons from 5-7pm hosted for a long time by Tony Blackburn), and that song was one of the top 10 songs played. IMO, it's one of Phil Collins' best. Very atmospheric. Even when the drums come in, it doesn't lose its edge, which perfectly echoes the tone of the lyric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loooooove the drums. It's a very sinister piece of music.

      Delete
  4. Music is such a huge inspiration and brings back so many memories.

    Avril Lavigne's first album takes me back to the start of high school. My friends and I were really into her music and we'd always dress like her whenever we could wear our own clothes to school. Very lame of us.

    Black Eyed Peas Where is the Love and Outkast Hey Ya are the two songs I listened to over and over on the Spanish school trip to Barcelona. Got tons of memories there. My friends and I got ourselves stuck in our hotel room. We all had an ice-cream contest at the restaurant we ate at (how many bowls could you eat?). Braving the Stampeda rollercoaster and feeling like jelly. Ah, good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your trip to Spain sounds a lot like my school trips to France ^^

      Delete
  5. This was a such a fun glimpse at your musical inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts