(Sorry, beta readers. My sudden attack of perfectionism has destroyed my weekend deadline. Oh, and the fact that it's set to SNOW TOMORROW SQUEE!!!!!)
Anyway, back on topic! I've reached the final four chapters of my novel and I keep wanting to bang my head against a wall. However, as I do not want a concussion, I figured I'd do the following instead:
- Stop editing and make a cup of tea.
- Be really honest: is it "bad" or are you panicking?
- If it does need work, don't get carried away. Smooth out the roughest patches.
- It's the end so make sure it's intense! Shorter sentences, no waffling and DEFINITELY no waltzing off on random tangents! The end has to be totally to the point.
- Try not to forget anything ^^;
Have you favoured the beginning over the ending of your book?