Sunday Inspiration

Sunday again! And what a lovely, wintery day it's been today.  I spent it reading crime novels set in Brighton.  I'm not entirely sure I want to leave the house now...

Incoming storm!

I went to my local museum yesterday.  I love seeing images of places I know from before I was born.  It's like another world!

It's Brighton, Cole, but not as we know it.  (Source)

That image above? Search "Sea Life Centre, Brighton" on Google Street View for its modern day counterpart.  You would not want to try walking across this street now :P

I love being inspired by old photos ^_^

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Comments

  1. Ah, I love those pictures! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Is that what the street looks like?

    Everytime I've been near there, there's a car accident on that roundabout. Gawd, Brighton looks so different to how it looks now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use that roundabout every day and yeah, it's a nightmare ^^;

      Delete
    2. How on earth do you do that? Everyone I know who has tried has gotten stuck. I'm a nervous wreck so I've never tried lol. I did once try and cross by foot though. It's a good thing there was so much traffic that the cars weren't moving! Brighton is still mad though, especially in summer when everyone goes to the beach haha!

      Delete
    3. I'm a native, so I'm just used to it ;)

      Delete
    4. Haha! I'm a townie. Although considering it's a commuter town, we do get a lot of traffic around rush hour.

      Delete
    5. Rush hours are never fun to drive in, but at least you know how to cope when it's the rush hour in your town.

      Delete
  3. I love the photos... so inspirational... and the colours of the sky are so mysterious too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The amazing skies are one of the best parts of living on the coast. I love to watch storms rolling in over the sea :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts