RTW - Dream Destinations, with a dash of Midweek Motivator


I would love to go on a writer's retreat. Somewhere beautiful, like Cornwall in the summer. I haven't been there in years, but I have very fond memories of the coast down there. Clear waters, beautiful sunsets. I remember buying a notebook when I was there so I could write a ghost story. Well, I probably got my mum to buy it – I was ten at the time. I think that notebook is still floating around at home.

For a writing retreat, I'd find myself a little cottage on a cliff overlooking a beach, take notebooks and my SUPER SPECIAL WRITING PEN, my laptop, my camera and my iPod and spend a week there, travelling around during the days, and returning in the evenings to write.

I'd love to dig out a photo of the one time I went to Cornwall but 1) I went in the pre-digital photography age and 2) there are 250 miles between me and home right now.

Soooo, because I can't share images of Cornwall, I'll offer a midweek motivator!


Wow.  I am SO unfit...

So, what's your dream retreat?

Comments

  1. I want to go to Cornwall! I can't imagine somewhere sunny and lovely in England. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cornwall would be nice. Though I love the northeast for my English writing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up areas like Cornwall in my quest to answer this question...cliffs + cottage = perfect writing retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being near the water is great for writing, right? I like your plan to travel during the day and write at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain - digital wasn't widespread while I was traveling through Italy and Greece. All the more reason to go back someday though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've ever been to Cornwall. The Welsh countryside can be quite inspiring. Rolling hills with houses set into them. It was really nice when I visited my brother there some years ago. Beautiful scenery. I could quite see setting a novel there... though I doubt I would do more than take notes and pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you describe sounds beautiful. Nature always makes the perfect writing retreat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seaside retreats seem to be popular today (mine is by the sea too). There's definitely something about being by the water that is inspiring. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cottage on a cliff overlooking the beach? Sounds like my kind of retreat!
    I googled Cornwall to see how it looks like and wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was scared to click on the video. But as to your cottage idea, count me in! We tend to rent cottages or private homes when we go to the coast rather than staying in a hotel, and I love vacationing that way. No getting dressed up to go out after a day of hiking, just make some spaghetti and we're good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds so wonderful - I'd love to go on a seaside retreat...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Somewhere away from it all. There are lots of places that would fit! Ideally forest, lakes, sea or rivers and a little cottage with a comfy chair and fireplace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts