My Desk is Ready for Editing!

So, while Book One remains with the betas, I'm getting started with the rewrite of my NaNo'd Book Two.  Because I usually have to type up handwritten notes, I'm borrowing an idea from the lovely Elizabeth May and having the rough draft up alongside a new document which I will retype the second draft into.  It might seem like a lot of work, but so much needs to go in and out of my first draft I might as well start again. 

Unlike Elizabeth May, I'm using my netbook to have the first draft up and using my laptop to type draft 2.

Like the new additions? I loooove stars!

I'll be sure to let you know how effective a method I find it :)

Comments

  1. I think Scrivener lets you do the side-by-side thing. I'm sure I saw that on a promo for it. I haven't found how to do that on my copy, but I have the Windows version which doesn't have as many features (yet) as the Mac version.

    Have fun with the re-write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea! Let me know how it goes. Personally, I don't think I'd ever have the patience for that, so I'm very impressed. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know how find working this way. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colin: I can't afford Scrivener at the moment, so I'll stick with two computers ;)

    Kris: Working with children means I have a looooot of patience ;)

    Elizabeth: I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that sounds rather spiffy! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A.J Mullarky: I thought so too, which is why I borrowed the idea ^_^

    Madeline: Thanks! I'll be sure to share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like such a great idea. My NaNo needs a huge amount of rewriting so I'm going to be borrowing that idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angeline: It's working quite well! Within minutes of starting to retype, I knew the story needed to start somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts