Why I Write

Oh YA Highway, what a wonderful question you pose!

Why do I write?

Because I have to.  Yup, it's that simple.  The ideas poke around my head and DEMAND to be let out.  It's a bit like an itch - gotta scratch! Either I write, or I explode in a glittery fountain of writeryness.

YOU WOULDN'T WANT ME TO EXPLODE, RIGHT?!

We all dedicate ourselves to different passions, and mine is writing.  There's nothing else I've happily and willingly given so much of my time to.  Everything else in my life is arranged around writing.  It's what I want to always be doing. One day, I hope it'll be my primary form of employment.

Basically, I write because I have to.  It's more than an obsession; it's as essential as breathing.

How about all of you?

And to motivate you all this week:


SKYWARD SWORD COMES OUT NEXT MONTH. I AM SO EXCITED! EDITING MUST BE DONE BY THEN!

...Okay, so there are times when my writing agrees to step back and let me chill out with an awesome game.  I'M SO EXCITED! XD I ordered the special edition too.

AHEM! WRITING IS AWESOME! GO WRITE!

Comments

  1. We have the exact same reason! Seems like a lot of us do. :) Although -- becoming a glittery fountain of writeryness doesn't sound too awful either. lol I like glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A compulsive writer, eh? Good! That makes... quite a lot of us. :) And my daughter is probably as excited as you about Skyward Sword. She pre-ordered it at least a month ago and has been counting down the days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha, I have those times too, when I get a video game and my writing's just like, "Whoa, okay dude. Chill. I'll give you like a week, tops. You can have a week to play, okay? I'll leave you alone."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't write all during college (except one semester in intro to creative writing) and my mind was NOT having it. So, I dreamt up stories. And finally, one day realized I needed to write those stories. So much happier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly: But if I explode, I won't have hands any more! :O

    Colin: Hee, we're all very alike, aren't we? And yes, I'm SO EXCITED about Zelda! I'm having a replay to help pass the time ;)

    Francesca: I'm very glad my writing allows me my now far less regular gaming marathons. It'll have to accept that Zelda will win.

    Kris: I go through phases of writing nothing, but it's been non-stop since 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. I have to write or I'll explode too. At least I'm in good company!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I wouldn't want you to explode! I agree with the sentiment; great answer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You, Holly and I have very matchy-matchy answers... great minds, obviously! Love your take on this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Similar reason. I posted that over at my log, that I tend to feel like... If I wasn't able to write, there's a good chance I'd go insane or something. Everything just.. piles and piles up, and it neeeeeds to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A glittery fountain of writeryness? At least it would be a fun way to explode, right? :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to explode in a glittery fountain of writeryness. Unfortunately, I think I'm more likely to explode into a snotty heap!

    Good luck with the dream of becoming a full-time writer. I'd love that too - preferably based on a Caribbean island somewhere... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alicia: I can't imagine not letting it out!

    Rebecca: And exploding authors are no good!

    Katy: Absolutely ;) Thanks!

    KCarey: *Exactly* I'd lose my mind if I sat on all my ideas.

    Chantele: If I've got to explode, I want to go like a firework ;)

    Amanda: EW! :P I'd like to live somewhere pretty and rural but have a city pad too... and now I really am living in the world of fantasy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts