NaNoWriMo Eve

So, November is nearly upon us.  I've spent most of today thinking "seriously, NOVEMBER?! Where did 2011 go??" ...and then I think "Oh, wait, NaNo is tomorrow!"

Unlike tons of you guys, I have no plan.  I have ideas and a general plot in my head, but I don't have a spreadsheet or a detailed outline or anything like that.  I'll make it up as I go along.  That's the WAY OF COLE.


Tomorrow after work, I intend to get home and just start writing.  If I have a chance, I'll scribble a few odds and ends on my lunch break too.  I know I'll have to do the bulk of my work at the weekends, but hopefully I'll hit the magic 50k.

I've got new music to write with and my teapot shall be full to see me through the November nights.

So, to everyone of you NaNo-ing, GOOD LUCK!

Comments

  1. I really want to write in that book!

    How do you know when you reach 50K if you handwrite?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamille: Thanks! It's a lovely notebook. I got it in the US last year.

    I'm only going to write in there when I'm at work. Then I'll type it up at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of extra work for you then!

    I really want a notebook like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kamille: Yup, but when you've got to write, you've got to write!

    earthworksjournals.co.uk also do beautiful notebooks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. May the writing force be with you! And for the record, I love the idea of "The Way of Cole." Sounds very impressive. :)

    If you want to buddy up over on the nano site, I'm _trixie_. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh at this - 2011 is the first year that I do have an outline and a plan of where to go. Hopefully it will be the difference from the last few years where I participated but didn't win.

    Good luck! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Go crazy (in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY NANO!!! ~wiggles happily~

    ReplyDelete
  9. TL Conway: Hee! May the Force be with you too! I'll check you out on NaNo when I get home :D

    Tasha: Welcome to the blog! I'm a pantser through and through so I can't plan! Good luck to you too!

    Jen: Hah, thanks!

    KCarey: Hooray! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! And I second Kamille - I love that notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm there with you. Starting tonight. Blech.

    Must. Get. Motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nicole: Barnes and Noble ;)

    Anonymeet: Good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts