Inspired by History

I'm incredibly lucky to live in a country with so much history.  You don't have to go too far to find somewhere from days gone by.  And when you get there, you can't help but feel inspired.


This is Tintern Abbey.  As I walked around in the beautiful autumn sun, I thought "How can you not be inspired by this?!" It's one of the most amazing places I've ever been. It took my imagination away to another world.  It was tranquil and somewhat haunting.  I'm absolutely in love.  I felt so inspired, and I hope my photos can do the same for you :)





I also feel these two pieces of music will really add to the atmosphere of Tintern.


Comments

  1. Those are some beautiful pictures!

    I live near an abbey that's mostly been destroyed. It was probably Henry VIII. This Abbey is atleast standing upright (referring to the walls) since the one near me is just a crumbling stack of stones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I went to Tintern Abbey on a school trip back when I was... 10 or 11? A long time ago. The place hasn't changed much, I'm glad to see! :) Lovely pictures. Brought back happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kamille: Henry VIII has a lot to answer for!

    Colin: This was my first visit. I've always wanted to go! I'm glad you liked the pictures ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I really need to go to Tintern Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful-- I love the ancient abbeys here, even the ones that are falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, he certainly does. He didn't have to destroy them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A.J Mullarky: Yes, you do. It's the most wonderful place.

    S.B Stewart-Laing: I think it's all the more beautiful in its tumbledown state.

    Kamille: Indeed not, but he was a power-crazed king!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some very cool shots. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jacqueline: Thank you! Have a great one yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous shots. I've always wanted to visit Tintern Abbey. I grew up in South Carolina, where we have a lot of history (for the US) and I dream of going to Europe and seeing buildings that are even older and have even more history.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris: I've been to Charleston in SC. Very old and beautiful! If you ever come to England, you'll be spoilt for choice. You'll have to dip into Wales to go to Tintern ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts