Don't Feel Too Bad

I'm getting distracted by Shiny Internets.


What's a girl to do?

SWITCH OFF. Bloody well enjoy it.

Yeah, that's what I said.

I'm learning that as long as I sit down and actually do some work, spending a wee while being distracted isn't so bad.  It's important to spend time having fun too, and you know you'll get back to work after checking up on blogs or catching up on the latest antics elsewhere on the web.

Everything in moderation, right?

So yes, I'm splitting my time between edits and Internet wanderings (must resist variety of TV and film spoilers!!!). I think as long as you can balance fun and work, you shouldn't fret or feel guilty for not dedicating 100% of your time to writing.

And if the distractions are taking over, disable the wireless and get to work!

Comments

  1. As Nathan Bransford said last week, we need distractions sometimes! As long as you're getting your work done, you can allow yourself some play time, amirite? I want to watch that video when I get home. I lurve me some Batman--I had a major crush on him as a kid (the cartoon version. He was a hunk!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. XDD Love that video! Have you seen the "How Lord of the Rings Should Have Ended"?

    And you're completely right about balancing work and fun. I was in a bit of a writing slump last week until I took a day off and went to the zoo with my friends/hung out all day and didn't even think about writing. Now I feel great again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris: Play time is extremely important. Enjoy the video - there's loads of them, including "How The Dark Knight Should Have Ended" :D The Iron Man and Inception ones are my favourites.

    Francesca: Yes AND IT IS SO TRUE! Seriously! And on a LOTR theme, I need to go back and schedule in a re-read of The Hobbit...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just watched the video and I love it so much. Monday is the best day for laughing. Thanks for sharing! (I shall check out the other ones!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts