...CURSE YOU, MONEY!!!!

As of today, I am back in full-time employment.  It's been lovely having the summer off, spending time with friends in the US and getting lots of writing done, but I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally need to be earning again.

Of couse now I've got to rediscover the work/write balance. New job with new people, different responsibilites and different hours and, most importantly, new children.  I'm a teaching assistant, have I mentioned that? I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in and settled in.  That way I'll be able to find the right time for my writing.

So I'm expecting a pretty hectic couple of weeks.  I'll comment on blogs as much as I can, but I may be a bit absent as I get used to my new job and my adapted writing/editing routine.

Fear not, I shall campaign to the very best of my abilities!!!!

Comments

  1. lol I read the title of this post and started vigorously nodding my head. I just spent $700 on textbooks. *shuffles into the corner to weep*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Francesca: Ah, college. I remember those days. I tried to avoid buying them when I was in college because I didn't want to have to ship them back to the UK at the end of the year... My advice? Secondhand whenever possible. And, even better, photocopies out the library copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame we have to work... Imagine how much writing we could get done if we had all that time free! Or in my case, I would probably just procrastinate even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda: I didn't do too bad with writing while not working, but I really had to force myself rather than sitting in front of daytime TV or losing myself on the Internet for hours at a time... and that happened frequently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That time of year again, eh? Make sure not to stretch yourself too thin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hoping to be a teacher after university too :) I'm sure you'll find a balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph: I'll do my best :)

    A J Mullarky: I'm hoping to go back and get my PGCE. Just need to decide if it'll be primary or history for senior school.

    Christine: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your transition is smooth. I'm sure it won't take you long to find your groove!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck with finding the writing/working balance. Also? The title for this post had me grinning just because it is SO something I yell out on a regular basis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystal: Thanks! Yes, I yell it regularly too, especially when my car is involved ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poo on money! It's such a hindrance to the artist's life. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on the new job! Let me know if you figure out the work/write balance thing . . . I could use some advice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts