RTW - Burning Ring of Fire

YA Highway wants to know what five things I'd save from my burning house.

And we're going to assume my family have escaped because they're all ninjas and don't need to be saved ;)

Okay! So, THE HOUSE IS BURNING OH NO! HERE'S WHAT I MUST SAVE!

  1. Laptops.  My life is on both of them.
  2. External harddrive.  More of my life and about 5,000 photos are on it.
  3. The family photo bag.  All our pre-digital photos are in a big bag I arranged a few years ago.  I love to hold onto those memories.
  4. My iPod. Ooooh sweet musical joy!
  5. My first editions of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials because I love them so, so, so much.
Basically, memories.  Everything else could be replaced, but all those memories need saving.  I'm rather sentimental...

...But I live about five minutes from the local fire station, so hopefully all those attractive firemen would make it in time for little to be lost.

Comments

  1. I am so jealous of the first editions of His Dark Materials. I love those books! (Sidenote: I wish I had a daemon...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE: Back that stuff up online. Seriously. Hard drives fail all the time. Once it happens, you can't go back and save it all. Do it. Do it NAOW.

    And get those photos scanned :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine Murray: Thank you for the follow! Much appreciated :D I love His Dark Materials. Northern Lights has been my favourite book since childhood. I'd love to have a daemon too!

    Jaffa: Eyaaah, brah! Now I'm totally freaking out ;_; I shall scan the photos when I come home. I'm particularly fond of your chubby toddler days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also jealous of your first eds, I love those books. I also wish I had a daemon... *goes to find books to re read*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't mention our external hard drive because I'm working on the assumption that will be one of Hubby's top 5.

    Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my GOD. Jealous of the first editions. Majorly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah - my list looks similar to yours. I've got my files in so many places though, but I never thought to back them up online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've got the same #1 and #2! If I had a first edition of a beloved book, I'd be grabbing that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would hope the fire department would get to you before your house burned down! If not, I think the town needs to get new firemen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have two common items! I think most of us said our laptops though. So jealous of the first editions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts