When It's The Last Thing You Want To Do

Sitting myself at my desk to edit today has been a proper effort.  It's been a long (but good!) day at work and all I really want to do is vegetate in front of the TV.

Ahem!

We all have days when writing is the last thing you want to do.  You just want to put it to the side and give in to your weariness.  Sometimes you have to, other times you have to stand up and make the effort.

I've got a mantra.  It goes something like "get up, edit, get it done, find an agent, get published, feel accomplished".

Sometimes, no matter how tired you are, there's no excuse.  Sit yourself down and work.  It won't finish itself!


Any excuse for some late 90s pop ;)

Comments

  1. I'm revising my beginning for what feels like the millionth time. And yes, today, it definitely feels like work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolene: I know the feeling, but attacking the whole thing again and making progress is the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts