RTW: Rewards!

Today's YA Highway Road Trip Wednesday question is all about the rewards you give yourself when you achieve your goals.  If you don't treat yourself, I think it's important you do because it's really motivating!

Here are the Rewards I have yet to earn:

Getting an agent - going for breakfast in a particular restaurant in my hometown
Getting published - in all honesty, I haven't thought of what I'll do ^^; Suggestions?

When I finished my manuscript's first draft, I rewarded myself with some yummy cupcakes from an amazing bakery in town.   When I finish typing up my first round of edits, I'll be having another one (or two).

At the moment, I'm in the habit of editing a chapter a day and then relaxing with a videogame.  Editing is proving to be extremely draining because the old stuff is so dodgy.

I also enjoy treating myself every, ooooh, ten words to:

Teaaaaaa ^________^

Today's treat? The season finale of NCIS: Los Angeles.

Midweek motivator coming later!

Comments

  1. Maybe I should reward myself with an awesome dinosaur mug like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After hearing about all the food rewards, I think I should treat myself to a cupcake from the new bakery (once I hit the midway point).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate Hart: I love my dinosaur mug! I got it two years ago at Universal Studios :D

    Alicia Gregoire: Food's a popular choice and I definitely support your cupcake plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mug!
    Food and tv/videogames are excellent rewards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca B: I'm rather fond of it myself!

    Videogames = best stress relief ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. video games sound perfect- immediate and cheap (after the initial investment)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you know how to reward yourself right :) If you're in England, then I'll suggest that your publishing contract reward be a dinner at The Fat Duck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. KO: Very cheap! I'm currently replaying a game I've had since 2003. These things definitely last.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel Searles: The Fat Duck is a very good idea and I'm not too far away from it! Thanks for the tip :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Distractions like video games, books, and TV/movies are necessary for me after a first draft. I need to clear my head some! Mmmm...cupcakes. Those are the best reward.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracey Neithercott: I succeeded in getting addicted to The Walking Dead on my manuscript break. And cupcakes make everything better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FOOD!!! Definitely food. The video games sound like a nice treat at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As long as there's hot chocolate in that dinosaur mug, I'm with you all the way . . .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alison Miller: Yummy food makes a very good incentive!

    Angelica R Jackson: Mmmm hot chocolate. I tend to have mine at Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm, breakfast and awesome cupcakes! Love those rewards. Getting published calls for something even bigger, like a road trip. Or maybe a new video game system?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dinosaur mug! That was such a fun trip! :D

    Video games are the best mini reward (ahem, Goldeneye...)! And cupcakes, yum!

    After getting published, I'm with Lora... a trip or a new laptop or something bigger than the cupcakes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lora: Oooh a new videogame system. I'd quite like a PlayStation3!

    Laura: It was an awesome trip, and if publication means we get to take another trip, that sounds like a great reward to me :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts