On a Blue Day

Doesn't everyone have those days when you think "OH MY GOSH, I AM AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE, WHY DO I DO WHAT I DO?! EVERYONE IS BETTER THAN ME! I MUST CLIMB INTO A HOLE AND STAY THERE!"

Don't worry.  It's okay.  Everyone doubts themselves.  I bet even the world's most famous writers had and still have moments when they doubt themselves.  The important thing is to not give in.  Practice and get better.  Think of writing like going to the gym - the more you do it, the better and stronger you'll get!

Just because your work looks nothing like a book you've read and love, DO NOT WORRY.  You're you, that author is someone else.  What influences you and what inspires you is totally different to someone else.  We all have our own styles.

Believe in yourself and believe in what you love.  If you're really worried, take a class or get involved in a blog so you can chat with other writers.  You're not alone!

Cheer yourself up any way you like.  Just never stop writing - you are your worst critic!

Time for tea!

Comments

  1. You are definitely your own worst critic! Great advice. :D

    And ♥ that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura: If we all listened to our own doubts, we'd never get anywhere. I like to beat mine back with a large hammer.

    That photo reveals exactly how English I am!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts