Abandoned Places

I find abandoned places so inspiring.  I want to think about why those places were left to rot and what happened to the people who used to live there.  In my local area, we have an abandoned concrete factory and an abandoned children's hospital, as well as countless shops and offices.  They fascinate me and I want to go in and explore!

But, being the law-abiding citizen I am, I like using websites to find abandoned place images instead.  Here's a few favourites:


See if any of these old places call out to you and ask you to write their stories.

Comments

  1. Ohh, I love abandoned places!! There's a place nearby that used to be a retirement home of sorts, and I want to see inside so badly! It's been empty and getting really overgrown for a few years. But there are those pesky "No Trespassing" signs. Boo. If you ever hear that I've been arrested, it's probably because I could no longer resist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura: I think I know the one - that white set of buildings? I'm sure it was open one of the early times I came over...

    I shall prepare a lecture if necessary ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it kind of looks like a set of white houses! It was definitely open when you were here - I think it closed about two years ago. I may eventually just pull in and look at the outside briefly to decide if future exploration would be worthwhile. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts